Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Growing Chaos and Exhaustion

Everyday life continues to get more and more "interesting" as each day passes!

Harley and I view this move as a "fresh start" both of us are blessed with the "pack rat" gene and we must overcome! Our mobile radios came in the mail today. We purchased a pair of radios so that we can communicate from the Mothership (my van) to the U-Haul that one of us lucky folks will be driving. The Mothership has GPS thank God, so getting lost should not occure. Meleah will enjoy taking her booster seat into the U-Haul and looking down upon the smaller beings in the usual Suburbans and SUV's.

I'm suffering from daily exhaustion. Not really sure if it is related to the surgery I had 5 weeks or so ago or the stress from moving cross country while parenting. For those folks who don't know, I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) done. I previously had a devilish Lap Band placed in 2005. The Band was great for a couple years and I lost 140lbs. Then complications started and I gained some weight back. I was able to handle the weight gain and was basically happy with where I ended up at during my last pregnancy with Trinity and afterwards until one day I was unable to consume solid foods. That lasted off and on over a 6 month period of time. I consulted my surgeon at the time and he of course found nothing wrong even though I was constantly dehydrated and vomiting water! Upon a personal referral from a kind lady I met online I found another surgeon who offered the VSG procedure. He took the devilish band out and performed the VSG in one surgery on August 26, 2010. At this point, I am constantly trying to balance protein, water, nutrition, vitamins and the such in order to have the required energy to make it through the day. So far nothing seems to make my exhaustion any better. I consume at least 80 grams of Whey Protein Daily, Vitamin B-12 every other day and a multi-vitamin TWICE per day as suggested by my surgeon. I am ready to pack it up and call it a night by the time 5 or 6pm rolls around but of course the kids aren't ready for bed at that time, we would have zero family time and we have this move hanging over our heads at the moment. I also got even more metal in my mouth yesterday as my awseome (I really like him) dentist/ortho placed the final brackets in the back on my molars. Now toothbrushing is a whole nother adventure!

We contacted Bill who represents the owner of the house we have lived in for the past 4 years. The owner is a female who resides in California, basically an investor. She has never occupied nor seen the home to my knowledge. Our lease doesn't end until the April time frame. Even with a letter on company letter head stating this is a move in order to maintain employment, things are still proven difficult in the lease department. Harley and I are constantly asking people if they known anyone interested in moving to this area. The great thing about where the house is located is the school district. It's one of the best in Texas, more like a private school rather than public. The homeowners aka Property Tax Payers aka Voters are very educationally driven to give the school any and all money the request to make the education of kids second to none. Our family is the first to occupy this home as it was a model home prior to our family making it our home. So during the move we have the added "pleasure" of hosting those who want to look and see prior to renting. I know no matter what we do we will look like "White Trash Renters" because it's difficult enough to move but to have a home staged and presentable to possible renters is damn near impossible.

Meleah lost her second tooth last night. It was barely loose and she darn near ripped that sucker on out. She is one determined child to say the least. For the extra effort and lack of change in Daddy's aka Tooth Fairy's Wallet, that tooth earned her another $5 to bring her tooth bank up to $8. She hasn't had the chance to spend the money she earned upon losing the first tooth which ended up being $3 that Dad found hiding in his wallet at that time.

Harley and I will most likely take a giant breath of fresh Washington air once this move is complete prior to passing out. Luckily(?) our children will make sure we are unable to remain in that state for more than a minute or two before they request or likely demand something. Not that I would try it but I now understand why many truck drivers and entertainers are under the influence of speed and other energy improving drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment